I grew up in Shaker Heights and graduated from Shaker Heights High School in 1988. I received my Bachelor's Degree from The University of Wisconsin - Madison in 1993, and went on to receive a Master's Degree from The Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve University in 1997, with concentrations in Children, Youth, and Families and School Social Work.
- State of Ohio Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervisory designation since 1997
- State of Ohio Certified School Social Worker since 1997
- NASW member since 1997
- Completed The Gestalt Institute of Cleveland (GIC) Couple and Family Therapy Training Program - 2000
- Co-facilitated the Ongoing Personal Growth Group for GIC 2001 to present
- Visiting Faculty - The Gestalt Institute of Cleveland (GIC) - since 2001
- Completed GIC Clinician's Advanced Training Program with Certification Option (CATCO) - 2017
- Certified Gestalt Psychotherapist by GIC CATCO training faculty - 2017
- NASW Certified Anti-Oppression Informed Practitioner - 2018
- Completed Working with Physical Process Training Program - GIC - 2019
I draw from:
Gestalt Therapy - Gestalt therapy takes into account the whole individual and is concerned with the obstacles to the functioning of the whole in the context of the present. Gestalt is a relational therapy. The therapeutic relationship is an essential ingredient to personal growth and meaningful work in therapy. This has the potential to extend into one's broader relationships and life.
Evidence-Based Treatment - I have extensive training in and draw from evidence-based treatment models including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Maudsley Family-Based Treatment for Eating Disorders (FBT), and SPACE - Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions.